Log in

No account? Create an account
07 November 2008 @ 04:29 pm

Click this link to watch a video, about how one good person can change the world for a deserving person.

And if you feel like reading more, you can do so on this blog.

There be good people out there!
31 October 2008 @ 07:31 pm

So 3 buddies and I went to London for a long weekend, mainly because we had gotten tickets to the NFL game between Saint Louis Saints and San Diego Chargers on Sunday November 26th at Wembley.

Friday November 24th.

My buddies and I met at the airport around 18.30, in good time to check in for our 20.15 flight to London. The waiting time went pretty quickly, and we were actually all onboard on the plane before time, so the doors were closed, and we headed off towards London Gatwick Airport.

We got to Gatwick without any problems, and our bags arrived with us as well, which was nice, so we didn’t have to deal with that. We then headed off to the train station, and jumped on the train to the St. Pancras station. We had opted for that train, because it was way cheaper than the Gatwick Express to Victoria station, and because the hostel we were going to stay at were close to that station (a 10 minute walk).

We arrived in London, and found the hostel without any problems, and yes the room was there for us! OK I‘ll admit it was the bare basics with 2 bunk beds, and not a lot of space between the beds to move around on. But then again, it was a place to sleep and store our stuff while we were out and about.

After having stored our stuff, we went out to grab a bite to ear, and close to the hostel we found a small Mediterranean café, where we got some very nice spicy food! After that we went to a pub, but were rather disappointed with the service there. So we had our beer, and left again shortly after, and found a small shop where we bought some sodas and chips, and headed back for the room. In our room we talked a bit, before going to sleep.


We all agreed that the beds could have been way better after a night sleep, but we did get some sleep, before we headed out after breakfast for the Old City of London FREE Tour which started at Tower Hill underground station at 10.00 am. We got there a bit ahead of time, so we had time to explore a bit around the station, where we found a small park that had a memorial for seamen who lost their life at sea during World War I and II. It was a very nice place to spend time indeed. The tour lasted around 3 hours, and I can highly recommend it, if you ever go to London.

The tour ended at RAF Church on The Strand, and from there we walked down towards Trafalgar Square, finding something to eat at a fast food place who served healthy fast food, yes I know that’s a bit of an oxymoron, and it was very good!

Once we had been at Trafalgar Square, we went to the Forbidden Planet store (we’re all sci fi and fantasy geeks) and looked around and shopped a bit. After that we walked back to Leicester Square and towards Piccadilly Circus, where we got sidetracked by a HMV music and movie store … and yes it got expensive for one of us (and no, it wasn’t me!)

After our shopping trip we went back to the hostel, and relaxed for a bit. While we were in the hostel, we left our door open to get some air into the room, and then suddenly we had company of some more Danes, who also were there for the NFL game. We had fun talking to them for a while. After that we went out for dinner at an Angus Steakhouse close to Leicester Square, where we got a great steak!

After dinner we left towards Tower Hill again, where we had tickets to attend The Ceremony of the Keys  While we waited for the ceremony to start, we went and walked across Tower Bridge, which is quite nice to look at at night, even when you’re on it. At the entrance to Tower we met a couple of American ladies who we talked to about the game, and had some laughs with. The ceremony is fun to watch, and a pretty good end to a great day. After the ceremony we went back to the hostel, where we had a beer in the bar, before going to bed.

Sunday ~ Game Day!

We had been so lucky to get ticket to the tailgate party, which started at 11.00 am on the game day at Wembley. We got there about 1 hour before it started, and since there wasn’t much do to there, we just hung around at the gate and talked while we waited for it to open, and watched the line get longer and longer. The tailgate party was ok, even though there were too few places to sit and stands where we could buy food. The lines got very long during the day, so we were happy we got there early.

At around 15.00 we headed towards the stadium, where we got in without having to stand in line at all, which was a treat when you know that around 83.000 people will be watching the game.

It was a great to watch the game live, and experience the atmosphere off the game, even though you don’t really get to see the game itself close up.

Leaving the stadium was quite an experience. I’ve never been in such a big crowd before, heading in just one direction. But we got to the underground station surprisingly quickly, and onboard a train back to the Kings Cross St Pancras station.

After a visit to Burger King to get something to eat, we headed back to the hostel, and we were so worn out after the day that there wasn’t much energy to talk while we had a beer, and pretty soon we headed to bed to get some sleep.


After having slept in a bit we headed out to visit the British Library, and looked at some old books and the Magna Carta. It was very impressive to look at books up to 1000 years old, and get the history of the Magna Carta refreshed.

At noon we met a friend of two of my buddies, for a hot drink at Starbucks, at Kings Cross, before we walked with her to Waterloo station. After having left her there, we went to see the parliament and the tower of Big Ben. From there we jumped a bus to Piccadilly Circus, which is more or less a must see while you’re in London. From there we went up to Oxford street where we visited some different shops, such as book shops, and shops that have NFL gear. After that we had dinner and headed to Tower Hill for the third time while we there, to go on the Jack The Ripper Haunts Walk. I’ve been on it before, and had enjoyed it then, but this guide wasn’t very good at it, she knew the facts, and to be honest, just told them in a boring way.

After the walk we went to a pub and had a pint, before we headed back to the hostel with very sore feet, for the last night there.

Tuesday ~ Our last day in London.

After having packed we left our luggage at the hostel to pick it up later, and then we headed out for the last day in London. During the day we visited 2 dvd shops, a shop with roleplaying books, The Church of the Knights Templar, Covent Garden, China town, Soho and rode the route 11 bus between Victoria station and Liverpool street station.  After having picked our bags up at the hostel, and packed the last few items down, we headed to St Pancras trainstation, and took the train to Gatwick airport, were we checked in in plenty of time to get a bit to eat, and look around in the tax free area before heading back home. The flight went without any problems, and we got home safe and sound.

On Wednesday day morning I got a txt message from my mom, asking if we had gotten home, and if we had flown with a certain airline. I then found out that we had been real lucky that we had gotten home, because during the night the airline company had cancelled all its flights, and they were going to file for bankruptcy Wednesday morning!! So I’ll admit that I felt lucky!

I personally think we had a great trip, and it was nice to show the London I love to friends. And from what they said, they liked it as well.

12 October 2008 @ 11:29 am
*ramble mode on*
So since about new year I've been a bit more busy in the dating game, which is of course always nice. I've met some very nice women, and had good times with them, while we've been out.

I've met most of them on a dating site, so you of course never totally know who it is you're going out with, even after lots of e-mail back and forth, you just never know how it'll pan out at that the first meeting.

Now I totally respect that when you do finally meet, the person aren't just want you expected, it's not always easy to find a match.

But what do piss me off to be honest, is that when you've been on one or several dates, and writing back and forth via e-mail or txt messages after that, then suddenly you don't hear a word from her! People at least show a little respect, and send a short note saying something like, it just wasn't what you expected it to be. There isn't any reason to leave the person hanging, and wondering what happened.
*ramble mode off*

Ok just had to get that out of the system
25 July 2008 @ 10:50 am
tagged by chaotic4life 

List 10 songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your summer. Post these instructions in your LJ along with your 10 songs.


27 June 2008 @ 03:05 pm

The world lost a great comedian Sunday, when George Carlin died.

I havn't been away off him for many years, but after I heard about him, I looked into his work, and must say that he sure had a way with words. Two of my favorites are: 

Seven Words

Airline Announcement, part 1/2

Airline Announcement, part 2/2

Current Mood: sadsad
06 June 2008 @ 05:49 pm
NFL in London, here I come!!!
25 April 2008 @ 11:18 am
Just thought I would let you all know that I've got all my pictures from Australia uploaded now!! 

Click me to see them
24 April 2008 @ 10:24 pm

It’s about time I add a post about the last part of my visit to Australia. I’m home by now, and have been almost 2 weeks, it’s amazing how fast time passes by!
I were supposed to go on yet another tour, the Dolphin Watching & Australian Wildlife Park Tour, but it was unfortunately cancelled since there weren’t enough people who had signed up for it. So I signed up for the Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tour instead on Tuesday.
So Monday I spend just wandering around Sydney, including Hyde Park, visiting the Hyde Park Barracks Museum, and just generally enjoying my last day in Sydney, since I would spend the day after it outside Sydney, and I would leave early Wednesday morning for Uluru.
The tour on Tuesday was a great tour, and on the way to Hunter Valley we drove a scenic route, and stopped at a Wollombi where they served us tea with scones, butter, strawberry jam and whipped cream. Then we continued on to Hunter Valley, where we visited the Lindeman Winery, there we had a tasting of several very good wines, before we headed off towards the next stop on the tour.
At the next stop, which was Hunter Resort, we were taught a bit more about how wine are made at the Wine School, including a short walk to a field where we could see the wines, and they told us about how they were taken care off. After that we watched two short videos about the making of red and white wine, before we were taught the basic of how to taste wine, which was quite interesting.
After that, we were treated to lunch, where the food and wine were coordinated, so they matched up. The food and wine was very good, and I must say it annoyed me a bit that I couldn’t bring any wine home to Denmark to me, darn it!!
At Hunter Resort they also had beer from the Blue Tongue Brewery which I of course had to taste as well, since I’m a beer lover as well as a wine lover!! And they did have some very good beers, that I also would have liked to bring back to Denmark with me!
The last stop on the tour was Hunter Valley Gardens Village where they had all kinds of tourist shops. It was nice to walk around there and just look at what they had, before boarding the bus, for the about 2 hour bus ride back to Sydney.
Today I had yet another early start, since I had a mid morning flight out of Sydney to Uluru. The trip was uneventful, and went as it should. The hotel I stayed at there also had a room for me, so everything was as it was supposed to be.
I didn’t have any plans for the Wednesday at Uluru, so I just walked around and enjoyed the weather and the low humidity. The nature there amazed me, and to be honest, I think that the trip to Uluru will be what I remember the most from MBT™. But all of it will always stand out in my memory of course, and I do want to go back to Australia again.
Today was yet another early rise day, I had booked myself on the Ayers Rock (Uluru) Sunset & Kata Tjuta Tour and the bus were going to leave my hotel at 6.00 in the morning, so I had to get up at 5.30 to be ready, yawn!!
But I must admit that the sunrise over Uluru was amazing, and the walk we had out of the Cultural Center with an Anangu (the name of the Aboriginal tribe living there) guide was very interesting, and I did get to have a short talk to him, and his translator, about how those of my friends I’ve told about how I had decided not to climb Uluru, agreed with me out of respect to the Aboriginals beliefs.
The afternoon walk into Kata Tjuta was great as well, and our guide sure knew her stuff. The Valley of the Winds Walk was divided into 2 sections, the first was for all of us to the first lookout point named Karu, and then those of us that wanted to do it continued to the Karingana lookout point. The walk there was a bit challenging, but also quite amazing, through stony country.
After having returned from the walk, we boarded the bus and rode it to a designated sunset viewing area, where the tour company served nice chilled sparkling wine and snacks, while we enjoyed the sunset over Kata Tjuta. After the sunset we continued to the dining area, where we would all share dinner. There we got a great dinner, with more sparkling wine, while we talked and had fun. After the dinner we were all told to go to a stargazing area, and while we closed our eyes, they turned off the lights around us, and when we reopened out eyes, we had an amazing view of the stars. It’s hard to describe how amazing an view it is, when you are able to view stars without any lights what so ever around you, in several hundred km’s distance.
Thus ended the Thursday, and since I had been up early, I didn’t last long that evening. But it had been a great day, and the last part had been great, since there were only 9 of us, we all talked and had fun together.
Today I slept in a little bit, well to be honest, not that much, since I had gone to sleep a bit early, I woke up without it being to late. Since I were leaving just around 11 am for the airport, I got up and packed, so my suitcase were ready. I then went and checked out and just relaxed and walked around a bit in the area.
The rest of the day was spent traveling from Uluru to Brisbane, via Sydney. I got to Brisbane a bit late, but that wasn’t a big surprise to me at all. In Brisbane I got my first taste of driving on the left side of the road. Since I had booked a car with an automatic transmission, that wasn’t a problem, but I did make a few mistakes with the controls for the turning signals and wipers, since they were on the opposite side than what I’m used to. I did take a bit of getting used to driving on the left side of the road, but I was very careful about it, and paid a lot attention to it.
The first night I stayed in Brisbane, and then I headed out of the city, and south towards Sydney. On my way back to Sydney, I stayed the following places:
On my road trip I stopped quite often, and whenever I saw a sight with “tourist drive” I took that road, so I got to see something else than the Pacific Highway down to Sydney. I had lots of fun out of driving on the roads in the mountains, which I’m not used to, and yes it was fun driving the winding roads!
During my trip, I saw a sign for The pub with no beer which is a brewery. I did try to find it, but even though I saw several signs for it, I didn’t manage to, but instead I got way up in the mountains, and when I finally saw a sign with several city names on it, I stopped and looked at the map to find out to where I should head. The road heading back towards Pacific Highway was pretty good … for the first 500 meters or so, and then it turned into a narrow twisting and turning gravel road … but man it was fun to drive it, and I think I did so for 10 km before I was back on asphalt again. And I must say that my rental car was covered with red dust afterwards! *grin*
In Port Macquarie I walked a bit along the coast, which had a break wall of all kind of rocks. Those rocks were decorated with all kind of greetings from people all over the world, which was way cool. I found it interesting to see where all the people had come from, and what kind of message they left behind.
The road trip was nice, and I got to see many nice places along the coast. And it was nice to meet Australians outside Sydney, and they were very friendly. People greet each other no matter if they know them or not, almost everywhere you meet them, which was way cool :).
Amazing enough my trip came to an end, and the last day I drove the direct way from Port Stephens to Sydney Airport. They had told me at the hotel it would be a 3 hour drive, which I think was a high estimate. But I left about 3 hours 15 minutes before I had to return the car at the airport, and with the stop I had for brunch, I actually arrived at the airport just on time. It was a bit of a hassle to drive through Sydney to the airport, since the way you drive is through the suburbs, and then you can either drive over Sydney Harbor Bridge, or through a tunnel under it. I wanted to drive as little as possible in Sydney, so I took the tunnel, which worked as a charm.
The trip home
After having returned the car, I went to check in, and that took a bit of time. The thing was that I had a ticked from Sydney via Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam to Hamburg in Germany. But I only wanted to fly to Amsterdam, and from there catch a flight to Copenhagen and then to Aalborg where I live. And I of course wanted to check my suitcase in all the way home. I think it took them about 20 minutes to do it, but they did do it, and they didn’t complain about having to do it at all.
The flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur went without any problems, and in Kuala Lumpur I went to the Transit hotel and bought a shower, which was nice, so I felt fresh before the long leg of the trip. We boarded the plane to Amsterdam, and got pushed away from the gate on time, but then when they went through the check list, they discovered an electrical problem, which meant we had to get back to the gate, so they could fix it. It didn’t take them that long to fix the problem, but the delay meant we had missed the slot over Afghanistan, and we had to wait an extra 35 minutes before we could leave. By the we were about 1 hour and 20 minutes late, which was the time I had between planes in Amsterdam … but I couldn’t do much about it, and had to handle it when I got to Amsterdam.
After we had taken off, we got a bit to eat, and then after the couple who were seated next to me, and myself, and used the bathroom, we all settled in for the night, and long flight home. I took a sleeping pill myself, and after a bit I went to sleep, and slept for about 6 hours of the 12 hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam.
As you have probably guessed, I didn’t make my connection in Amsterdam, we actually got to the gate as my flight departed. So I had to rebook to another flight, and that cost me a bit, but I’ll be complaining to KLM about that, and hope they’ll pay for it, but I’m not counting on it. It mean that I got about 5 hours added to my trip home, but it was ok, since I could spend time in one of the lounges in Amsterdam, and again in Copenhagen when I got there.
Once I finally arrived in Aalborg, I was waiting for my suitcase, and yes you guessed it, it didn’t arrive with me! So off I went to claim it missing, and they promised they would contact me as soon as it got to the airport, and arrange a delivery time. So instead of spending the money on a taxi home, I went and had a look at when the bus would leave the airport, and luckily I only had to wait a few minutes, so I jumped on it instead. On the way through the city, we went through a roundabout, and at that point I found out that I had gotten more and more used to driving on the left side of the road, since I thought “why is he driving the wrong way around this roundabout?” Well I did occur to me at the same second, and I had a chuckle about it.
Luckily I had the fortune to have packed my keys in my backpack, so I didn’t have any problems getting into my apartment when I got home, and I did of course have clean clothes and all at home, so that my suitcase didn’t arrive with me, well that wasn’t a problem. And yes it did arrive, about 24 hours delayed, so I was pleased that I didn’t have to carry it up 9 flights of stairs to my apartment!
Well as they say “that’s all folks!” And thus ended MBTtm.
14 April 2008 @ 10:53 pm
So today I went and got tattooed again, and I just thought I would share the result with you all.

The session totally lastes 2 hours and 45 minutes, and out of those the first hour was spent drawing the tattoo. I'll admit that after having been inked for 1 hour and 45 minutes, couldn't wait for him to get it done. But it's only natural that it takes some time with all the detail there's in it. Drawing the lines alone took 1 hours, and filling it in then lasted 45 minutes.

But I'm of course already thinking about a new tattoo!

These pictures were taken 8 hours after we were finished

04 April 2008 @ 11:20 pm
Hey all

I just thought I would let you know that I've posted almost all my pictures from my trip to Uluru and Kata Tjuta here. If you want to, you can read more about Uluru and Kata Tjuta here